Thursday, February 2, 2012

Salad

I LOVE Salads. If I was told I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life I would choose SALADS. I Love the very complex salads to the very simple ones. When I moved to NYC I was appalled that most restaurants only served Greek or Caesar. In Seattle their salad spot on the menu is always very creative. For quite some time I've toyed with the idea of opening my own cafe that would serve food that represented the Seattle girl who loves that NYC influence. So it would have Sandwiches like a French dip, Rubens that you could actually get your mouth around, salads with and Asian American flair and others that had fresh buffalo mozzarella. Salads are great because you can put anything in them. I am a mom and wife and very busy so I don't make salads that are elaborate very often. This salad you see here in my basic go to for every night. 

Once I started Weight Watchers about 2 years ago I made sure to have a salad with almost every dinner. It is always a basic salad mix of leaf lettuce and romaine with whatever I have on hand. Most of the time it is just tomato and red onion but in this salad I had some green pepper that I added. Sometimes I have cucumber and add feta. The reason I eat salad with every dinner is because I love it, it is a great filler which keeps me from eating too much pasta, bread or rice, and it helps keep me regular. I hope that wasn't too much information :) 


I usually have a little vinaigrette dressing. The zesty Italian is one I grew up using and still love very much. I also love Stew Leonard's Balsamic. Don't get me wrong I do make my own vinaigrette but often I am so busy and the store bought in the fridge taste almost as good. I also love Ranch, Blue cheese, and Caesar,  but my gut says no, no, no. As you read my future blogs you will begin to see more salad and sandwich choices because they are what I am really good at and love to eat. Try to add more salads to your dinners and I guarantee you will feel lighter and more regular over time. 

15 comments:

  1. Mmm Good Seasonings Zesty Italian is my absolutely favorite! What a gorgeous colorful salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the friendship request on tasty kitchen! You have a very lovely blog and I look forward to following you! I too am a girl all about a salad and love all the different offerings on the menu when we head out to dinner in Seattle! I hope you have the most wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely salad, I eat a salad everynight as well. Usually spinach and my new craving is arugula. Love that spicy bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I as well love salads, they are perfect for a quick lunch! The more colour in the salad the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea,I agree. Having a salad everyday does keep oneself regular. YOURS LOOKS DELISH! Making it tonight in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great salad! We always have a salad with our meal and its great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea! Delicious colorful salad! Thanks for visiting & for your sweet comment. Sorry, it took me some time to get back to you. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love salads... but the dressing are usually my downfall. I need a good amount of dressing.. not drowning in it.. but well coated. I have never tried this Zesty Italians dressing... now I'm putting on my shopping list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is my 1st time around your blog, and I am really loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming by and leaving such a great comment. I checked out your blog and am now your newest follower.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the Foodbuzz follow :) I'm really digging your blog - definitely happy to see a post about salad! I'm always trying to figure out how to work them into meals (and have my boyfriend actually eat them)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx for being my foodie friend :) Enjoy reading your page, especially this salad.. just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salads are great for filling you up and keeping you from eating less of the carby stuff -- yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete