Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Olive Garden's Dressing.

I am not a big fan of Olive garden's pasta dishes however, I like going there just for the salad and soup. There dressing is just fabulous. I was on Pinterest and found a blog that copied this dressing. This is not the first blog I have found that attempted to copy it but, it is the first to get REAL close. I made it few nights ago and I am in heaven. Thank you Country Cook for making me oh so happy. I didn't tell my husband that I made this dressing I just waited to see if he noticed a difference. He was oohing and aahing and asking what is different with this salad. If you too like Olive Garden's dressing or just want to try a new one here is how simple it is to make. 

You start with one of my favorite store bought dressing mixes. Follow the directions on the back and then you will add. 

1tsp dried Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp mayo
1/4 C. Olive oil
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp water

Mix it all together well and add it to your basic dinner salad. I guarantee you will be very happy. 


23 comments:

  1. I am so happy you liked it!! Thank you so much for the shout out too!! Glad your hubby gave it thumbs up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this. It is the only dressing that will get my kids to eat lettuce!
    Thanks for the FB friend add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh yum! I like that dressing too. So much cheaper to make it at home, too. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad looks so colorful and deliicous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soup and salads at Olive Garden too. Can't wait to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying this very soon. I absolutely love Olive Garden's salad, and the dressing is what makes it special. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! :) I love a good dressing, and though I've never been to Olive Garden, I hear amazing things about their dressings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you about the Olive Garden... don't love the pastas but the dressing is amazing!! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I love their salad so it will be nice to make it at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dressing is so good. It really does taste like the dressing from Olive Garden. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you tried it and liked it. I just had some with my dinner tonight and LOVE it.

      Delete
  11. Hi Andrea, thanks for following my site. You've a very lovely blog here and like what you did. Everything sounded so luscious & easy to prepare.
    Hope to hear from you more often.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love salads...this looks fresh and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes! finally i can make Olive Garden salad at home. I'm with you: i've never been a huge fan of their pasta dishes either, so when i do go, i stick with salad and am very happy with it. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean about Olive Garden! I'm not a fan of their pasta either, but their salad is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, Jeremy and I tried this last night, and we felt something was missing. I will admit, Jeremy made it, so that may have actually been the case. lol Do you recommend letting the dressing sit for awhile before putting it on the salad?? We're going to try it again and I will make it and let you know if we get the same result.

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of those recipes that you have to really follow the instructions to a tee. Give a try one more time and let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing I totally have to try this dressing! I love the Olive Garden dressing so maybe that way I will be eating more salads at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love everything about Olive Garden, so I will definitely be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made this and served it to my guests and they all loved it. It reminds me of creamy Italian dressing. I will be making this again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to try this!! Not only is it cheaper, but healthier!!! Their version uses soybean oil, and olive oil ( like REAL Italian dressing) is :) so yay!

    ReplyDelete