Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pork Chops


One of my favorite easy dinners that the whole family likes are pork chops. I like to buy the thin pork chops so they cook fast and stay moist with a yummy crust on the outside. I grew up with two kinds of pork chops, shake and bake and smothered in cream of mushroom soup. We used to eat that so often that I can't even think of eating it that way now. My husband likes food simple and tangy so this is a dish he asks me to make often.

Ingredients

5 thin pork chops
2 tbs fresh cilantro or basil chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
juice of a lemon
salt and pepper

Directions

Salt and pepper each side of the pork chop. Add olive oil to large piping hot saute pan. Once it is very hot add the chops. Don't touch them and cook for about 2 minutes. The best part is the crust so it is very necessary to get it very hot and not move the pork. Flip the each chop and add lemon juice, garlic, and herbs. Cook for another 2 minutes and then done. I usually serve with rice and salad. This is a meal that is cheap easy, takes very little prep time and always devoured each time I make it. Try it and let me know what you think.

15 comments:

  1. I may have to try that. What kind of rice is that?

    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of favorite box rice that I use. I think it is Rice a roni but it could be Zatarans. It has to be one of them.

      Delete
    2. I love Rice A Roni, so I'm thinking it must be Zatarans. I've never tried that brand before. Looks good, might have to try it. I also think I'm going to add pork chops to my grocery list right now. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty meal--and perfect for a weeknight dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pork chops! This recipe sounds so simple and delicious, perfect for a weekday dinner. Thanks for sharing, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...your pork chops looks delish ! Thanks for dropping by my blog and I hope you come more often to drool :) and I am sure we can try out each other recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I am now following both of your blogs.

      Delete
  5. Great dish! Looks delicious! Great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to check out my blog today, you are featured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious! The side dishes go so well with the pork chops :) Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have made this twice and the whole family loves it!! We are adding it to our weekly dinners. So quick and easy!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I love when it turns out just right for my readers.

      Delete
  9. This was fantastic Andrea! I absolutely loved it. I made it exactly as directed, no changes and it was perfect! I would strongly recommend that anyone trying this get cilantro, it's really the perfect herb for this dish. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know how it turned out for you. So happy that you enjoyed it as much as we do.

      Delete
  10. I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am for this recipe...it's quick, cheap, fast, and easy...yet it tastes like I spent a ton of time on it! I could never get my husband to go for pork chops, and if I did make them, he smothered them in gravy....but, I made these on a Sat, and we had them again on Mon...his request! Only bc we are big cilantro fans, that I added a tad more per chop! So far, we have had boiled yukons for a side with grilled or sauteed veggies! Tacos were always that weekly dish we had in our house, but they have been replaced! Yum!

    ReplyDelete