Sunday, January 22, 2023

Chex Mix


 My step mom has been making Chex mix for as long as I can remember. It is a tradition for her to make it at big events like, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, 4th of July, Sun Lakes family vacation, and Easter. I tried to make it many years ago and failed. Mainly because she doesn't have a recipe that isn't in on paper. I finally decided to watch her make it and write her every move. I've been holding that recipe for years. I finally decided to make it again because I love it but I decided this time to try adding more items I like. I'm not a big fan of the Chex mix and cherrios so I decided to add cashews and Cheese its. I can tell it's going to be a process to get it exactly the way I like it. Above is a pic of the original and below is the classic recipe. Try it and let me know what you think. 


Ingredients


4 cups cheerios

4 cups Rice Chex cereal

2 cups peanuts

4 cups pretzels

2 sticks of butter (melted)

8 tbs of Worcestershire 

8 dashes of Johnnys

10 light dashes of onion powder

2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp garlic salt


Recipe


Pre heat oven to 325 degrees

Melt butter and add Worcestershire, Johnnys, onion powder, garlic powder, and garlic salt. mix until well combined. 


Add pretzels, peanuts, and both cereals to a pan. Drizzle 3 large spoon fulls of sauce and toss around. Bake for 15 minutes. Add 3 more large spoonfuls and bake another 15 minutes. Continue this process until you get desired color. 


Below is a pic of my attempt to make it with different ingredients. Got to say this attempt was much better than the first. The cheese its are a great adition. I think the next time I will try mini bagel chips. 





No comments:

Post a Comment