Thursday, July 4, 2019

Whipped Ricotta and Bruschetta



My sister and I love to go shopping at the Nordstrom sale and then after a few hours of trying on clothes we need a break for drinks and lunch at the Macaroni Grill. I’ve been doing that tradition for many years. I’ve had some not so good experiences at that restaurant but mostly great. We always have to order the whipped ricotta bruschetta. I love it so much that I needed to recreate it. It’s a very simple recipe with few ingredients so it’s very important to use good quality ingredients. 

Ingredients

4 ounces whole milk ricotta
1 ounce sour cream 
2 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley 
2 tomatoes seeded
1 garlic cloves chopped 
2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 baguette sliced

Directions

Mix together ricotta, sour cream, 1tsp basil, parsley, 1 tsp olive oil, and salt and pepper. 

Dice seeded tomatoes. Place in a bowl and add garlic, julienned basil 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. 

Slice baguette or any of your favorite bread. Paint olive oil on both sides of bread. Grill until brown and slightly crisp. Smear cheese spread on bread and top with tomatoes. 

Let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I really love this recipe. Ate it at a restaurant once and now I am going to make it at home for a chance of paste. Thanks for sharing 🙂

    ReplyDelete