Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Garlic Creamy Parmesan Pasta



I found this recipe on pinterest and couldn't believe it could be cooked in one pot or be very tasty but the photos were mouth watering so I had to try it. It was amazingly easy and tasted like a cross between Lipton noodles (I used to make when I was a teen) and fettuccine Alfredo. 

I was in disbelief that only using milk and chicken broth could get thick and creamy but because the pasta is cooked in it the starch thickens it up perfectly. The best part is that it is one pot. I used linguine but the recipe calls for fettuccine. You can also use spaghetti. I personally love linguine when it comes to creamy pasta recipes. I also changed this recipe by adding 2 cups of milk. In the original it is 1 cup. I made it twice and both times had to add lots of milk so now I make it with 2 cups. Try it and let me know what you think. 

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk (add more if needed)
2 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper
8 ounces of uncooked linguine
1/4 cup of Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat for 1-2 minutes just until garlic is cooked but not brown.

Stir in chicken broth, milk, butter, salt and pepper and linguine.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 18-20 minutes. I use tongs to move the the pasta around and will slowly thicken. You can add milk if it gets to thick. Once pasta is almost done add parmesan. Garnish with parsley and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment