Thursday, September 4, 2014

Dipping oil

My mom came to visit me one year in NYC and I took her to Stew Leonard's where she discovered a dipping oil that they sold near the bread area. It was so flavorful and delish that she couldn't stop thinking about it once it ran out. She read the ingredients on the top of the container and it was full of garlic, herbs, and Italian cheese. She was determined to make her own and now she has been making it for years. I just had to add it to my blog because everyone loves it and always wants to know what is in it. She makes a large batch but I'm going to downsize it and if you want to make more then you can double it.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (you can add your favorite Italian cheese)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon

Directions

Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined. You can add a little more of each until you get desired taste. You do want it to sit for at least an hour so all flavors come alive and blend. If you make a double batch keep in fridge and take out 10-20 minutes before using so its not cold. Serve with your favorite bread. I also like to add it to my pasta dishes.


3 comments:

  1. Can you use extra virgin olive oil too or just olive oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I only use extra virgin. Maybe I should change that on the ingredients list.

      Delete
  2. DEEEEELICIOUS!!! I could eat a whole loaf of bread like this!

    ReplyDelete