Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Applebee's Oriental Salad

I found this recipe on pinterest. I am not a big fan of Applebee's but we do go there from time to time for family dinners and the only thing I like is the Oriental Salad. When I saw this recipe on pinterest I had to check it out because I love the dressing so very much. I have to thank Mommy, I'm hungry's blog because I made this salad for me and my mom and we both devoured it. I did change the salad a bit but the dressing is the same except I added salt and pepper. Try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients for Dressing
3 tablespoons Honey
1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1/8 teaspoon Sesame Oil

Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Let sit until chicken and salad is prepared. This made enough for two salads but I would double it if you plan to make more.

Ingredients for Chicken
1 lb chicken tenderloin
2 eggs well blended
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup of canola oil

Heat Canola oil until very hot. Mix flour with salt and pepper. Salt and pepper each piece of chicken. Dip each tenderloin in egg and then dredge in flour. Place it in the oil and fry until brown. Then turn and brown the other side. Cool and drain on a paper towel. Once the all chicken is cooked prepare each salad.

Ingredients for Salad
1/2 of head of lettuce chopped
1/2 bag of prepared coleslaw
2 scallions chopped
1 cup of chowmein noodles
1 cup slivered almonds toasted

Prepare each plate with salad ingredients and then add at least one or two cut up fried tenderloins. Drizzle dressing over the top.

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I will have to try this!
    xx
    agirlandherfood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it. If you make it let me know what you think.

      Delete
  2. Delicious salad. Nice addition of chowmein noodles , veggies and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I would love this for lunch now! Looks great! Thanks for the link back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis looks right up my street - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chinese chicken salad.
    I actually just made it a few weeks ago.
    Yummy!
    I just nominated you for The One Lovely Blog Award.
    Congratulations!
    Please visit my blog for more details on this award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower:) Thanks for following my blog as well! I've never ordered this salad at Applebees, but I know it is popular, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My God! I just finished making this salad and had a little taste! It is to DIE FOR! I can't wait to serve it to my family along with the sweet tea that I also got from this blog! Bravo to yet another tasty triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked it and the sweet tea. My mother loved it and wants me to make it again and again.

      Delete
  8. I made this salad and loved it. I especially loved the dressing. I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete