Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hashbrown Quiche



I saw Paula Dean make a hash brown quiche once on the food network and I have been making them ever since. Hash browns have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. However I didn't start liking quiche until my twenties. Now love them together. If you make this you will rarely find a piece  leftover. I altered Paul Deans recipe to what I like best. This Christmas I made one with sausage. It is quite easy to make and super delish. Try it and leave a comment.

Ingredients

1 package of shredded potatoes
4 tbs melted butter
3 large eggs
1 c. half and half
8 slices of bacon chopped up and fried until crisp
1/4 c. scallions
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
salt and pepper

Directions

Pre heat oven to 450 degrees

In a 9 inch pie plate, toss melted butter and hash browns. Gently press hash browns into the bottom of plate and sides to form crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. while that is cooking cook bacon until crisp.

In a large bowl mix together eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper. Add cheese, bacon, sausage, and scallions to bottom of the crust. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top. Return back to the oven and lower temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until it is puffed up and golden brown. Let rest and then slice.

10 comments:

  1. This really looks delicious. I'm new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for finding me on Foodbuzz! I'm enjoying browsing your blog. :) I know my family would really love this quiche!! Well done! I joined your blog today so I'm looking forward to sharing more recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for coming by. I hope you make it for your family and they love it as much as mine.

      Delete
  3. This looks fabulous. Love the name, Hash Browns, when first came to the States. Great idea with the quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this again, its so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you like it. It is one of my favorites and my mom insists I make it for her every time I see her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea just made this for me when I was visiting her mom this summer-Fabulous! Could've eaten the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to tell you AGAIN how much i love this! i have been making variations of it (no meat, adding veggies) and it's a hit every time! its a recipe i use over and over and that rarely happens!

    ReplyDelete