Monday, January 23, 2012

Cleaning Microwave

I don't think anyone likes cleaning a microwave. Let's face I don't like cleaning anything. If you are as busy as me you don't get the chance to wipe it down every time you use it and it starts to get splattered and smell like the food, then this is the best trick for you. I bought a book a long time ago called the Queen of Clean and learned a very cool trick to cleaning my microwave easily and it smells wonderful when I am done.

1st cut a lemon in half and stick it in about 2 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl. I added another old piece of lemon just because I was about to throw it out anyway. 2 nd put the bowl of water and lemons in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes. Sometimes 3 minutes is just enough depending on how dirty the microwave was. If it is very moist inside and all the stains look wet then you are done. If not do it for another 3 minutes. 3 rd remove the bowl and plate and spray with a mild cleaner. You don't need the cleaner but makes it just that much easier to wipe. I have used cleaner on the tougher messes but most of the time you don't even need a cleaner. 4 th wipe with a sponge and clean your plate and it should turn out sparkling and smelling like lemons or no scent at all.

Try it and let me know what you think.

17 comments:

  1. I have read about using lemons and water in your microwave in the magazine Real Simple, but never knew anyone who had actually tried it. Now I just have to remember to buy lemons at the store. The sad part is I had them on my list yesterday, but I forgot them anyways. lol

    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I have lemons all the time because I put lemons in my ice water everyday. I think I buy a lemon every time I go to the store. Try it and I tell you will be real happy.

      Delete
  2. I usually use baking soda in a cup of water and let it cook in microwave till it boils. I will have to try the lemons next time! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll certainly give this a try, because I love, love, LOVE the scent of lemons. If I get to smell lemons while I'm cleaning, them I'm there! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks great--good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate cleaning the microwave, but I know if I don't do it regularly it'll just be worse when I finally do clean it! I love your cleaning tips and will definitely put them to use. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea, I might have to try your trick because I do hate cleaning the microwave, especially when my husband microwaves something and doesn't cover it. Hope your week is going good.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did something similar, though I just used white vinegar and it worked so well! I imagine the lemon makes it smell great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this awesome tip dear! Lemon is such an important ingredient in our kitchen, I use them to marinate my chicken, meat or even fish apart from cleaning. Please let me know once you've tried my samosa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually just do the same with only water but I'll defo try the lemons next time!!
    Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! Have never done this before but will definitely give it a try. I use old lemons and used lemons peels to clean the garbage disposal. I mix up the lemons with some ice cubes and grind away. It works pretty good. Thanks for this hint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea- Adri here from The Front Burner and Tasty Kitchen- I use the same technique, and it is really great. How col that you use it also. Now I am off to do some more exploring on your site. Love it thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome trick! I'll def. try this next time my micro needs cleaning! :) I also wanted to thank you for the FoodBuzz FR, I look forward to reading more of your blog, and hope you'll enjoy mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Hate cleaning the microwave so I'm def gonna try this next time! Thanks for the tip :) Btw all your recipes are mouthwatering gonna have to try some of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I just checked out both of your blogs and love them. I am happy to be following both.

      Delete
  14. I have never seen this before but will be buying some lemons today! You make it look easy! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lemons are very helpful in removing odors in all kinds of appliances. Glad to know more of these methods as it is very helpful for me as a mom with two kids.


    Mattress Cleaning Brisbane | Upholstery Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete