Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to make Foaming Hand Soap


We love to use foaming hand soap in our house because it is easy for kids to use. They can see the foam soap easily and spread it all over the hand. It also rinses off easier. The foaming soap is more expensive and I usually stock up on it when its on sale but with a family of four and lots of guests we go through the stuff very fast. When I added up the cost I couldn't believe how much I was spending and was just about to go back to regular hand soap when it dawned on me that I could probably make it. 

I went out and bought target brand hand soap and used my old foaming hand soap bottle. After playing around with the amount of soap/water ratio I figured it out and have saved myself a ton of money. I love saving money for some reason it gives me quite a rush. Try it and let me know what you think. 

Directions

Fill your foaming pump bottle half way with hand soap of your choice. Then fill the rest with water but not to the top because it will spill over once you add the top in with it. Leave at least 3/4 of inch. Take a chop stick or like me the end of my comb and stir it all together. Put the top on and its done. Easy as can be.


6 comments:

  1. We do this! And have for quite awhile - saves so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You devil. That's genius.
    I'll keep the bottle, next time. I think the pump's very important for this to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. without the pump it wont work. I wish they would make some stylish pumps at bed bath and beyond. I can't seem to find any.

      Delete
  3. Oh you are a genius, and are about to save me a ton of money. My grandkids I swear eat the stuff, I can go through a bottle in a weekend when they are here. And I think I did see some pump bottles at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Thanks so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tip! I will have to try that! I like a good, foamy lather too. I already use that big, refill-sized hand soap from Target. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete