Monday, April 29, 2013

Creamy White Bean Soup

I found this recipe on pinterest. I pinned it because it said it was made in a crock pot. However the instructions did not say anything about a crock pot. I made it anyway because it looked amazing and quite easy to make. My entire family loved it and we ate it for dinner and lunch for two days. 

I changed a few things to the recipe. I was unable to find a can of southwestern corn so I bought a bag for frozen. I used cooked chicken that I cooked earlier in the morning. I also didn't use land o lakes cheese I used the store brand.  Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb chicken breast cooked and cut into bite size pieces
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 large onion chopped
1 red bell pepper diced
2 cloves garlic minced
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 15 ounce cans of canneli beans drained
1/2 a bag of southwestern frozen corn
16 slices deli white American cheese cut into quarters

Instructions
Heat oil in large stock pot and add onion, bell pepper and cook 3-4 min. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cumin, oregano and cooked chicken. 

Stir in Broth, beans and corn. Cook until it comes to a boil. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes. Add cheese stir until melted . Simmer and serve. 


6 comments:

  1. Yummy, love a good crock pot recipe, glad it worked out! Definitely will have to give this a try :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creamy soup, here it is raining here, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! Your photo looks delish! I've got a creamy soup recipe, too... It's chicken with macaroni. The hubby loves it because of its creaminess. I'll give this one a try. I think he may also enjoy your recipe. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. Let me know if you try it and what you think.

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! It is putting my bean soup to shame! The corn you are looking for is sometimes called "Mexicorn," and usually comes in a smaller can than the regular canned corn.

    ReplyDelete