Thursday, October 18, 2012

Smothered Crockpot Pork Chops




I find crock pot recipes on pinterest all over the place but am very weary of trying them because more often than not they turn out pretty bad. So when I saw this one I was intrigued by the photo but scared it was going to be awful. One main reason I don't like crockpot recipe is because it will tend to come out mushy. I figured pork chops are so dry that how could it come out that way. I found this recipe from the blog Chef in training. I read the reviews and everyone who tried it loved it so I thought what the hell.

It was ridiculously easy and turned out amazing. The pork came out super tender the gravy was rich and full of flavor with a little tang to it. The best part was that my whole entire family LOVED it. I don't know how it goes in your home but it is a rare occasion that my entire family loves what I cooked. There seems to always be some unhappy person pushing the food around.

I made this twice and the second time I added about 3 tablespoons of water to it because I felt it was a little too salty. I stress little. I felt the second time it was perfect. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Ingredients
6 pork chops about 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 10 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
3 tablespoons of water

Directions
Place Pork Chops in your crockpot. In small bowl give a quick mix of the ranch dressing, soup, and water. Cook on high for 5 hours.

7 comments:

  1. That looks yummy and easy... bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so simple and easy. Definitely have to give a try. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband thinks anything with ranch dressing is the bomb; I'm gonna have to make this one for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - thanks for checking out my blog. Your's is beautiful and delicious. I can't wait to try out some of your recipes. Thanks for getting in touch! Amy at Two True Foodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you said place the chicken in the crockpot, did you mean pork chops? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha. I guess I was asleep when I wrote this. I'm glad to see you caught it. I will go and fix it now.

      Delete