Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer Pasta


I just loved the herbs growing outside in my mom's yard. I decided to chop up all the fresh ingredients and toss them with warm past for dinner one night. I can't tell you how wonderful it smelled and how delish it tasted. Sometimes the easiest recipes taste the best. Both Ben and my mom just loved it and couldn't stop eating it. 

Ingredients
1 lb spaghetti
4 tomatoes diced with juice
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Directions
Boil water in a large stock pot and cook pasta according to package.

Dice tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Mince garlic, chop basil and parsley and also mix into the bowl. Add salt and pepper.

Once the pasta is done toss tomato mixture with olive oil, while past is hot. Serve and eat room temperature. 



2 comments: