Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shaping the perfect patty

I found this idea on pinterest. I never thought to use it until my mom  bought a huge log of Jimmy Dean sausage. We looked in her drawers and found an old canning lid and decided to give it a try. The blog Savory Sweet Life did it with hamburger patties. We are going to try that next time. It worked out great and I will do it this way from now on. It it was actually easier than trying to form them on my own. They were all the same size and for some reason had very little shrinking if any at all. Can't wait to try it with hamburgers. 



A 32 ounce package of sausage made 16 patties. It could even make more if you made them a little more thin. We thought for the next time we would try to make them even thinner because we like ours that way. Give this method a try and let me know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest for all the tips like these. It's so incredibly simple yet you think 'why didn't I think of that?' Those sausage patties look delicious. I love homemade burgers too. Beats any chain store hands down!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of using Caps. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! thanks for sharing...I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete