Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Tea

As soon as the weather warms up all I can think about is Ice Tea. I guess I am not alone because lately I see Mc Donald's and Dunkin Doughnuts advertising their Sweat Tea. If you have ever had Mc Donald's sweet tea then you know just how sweet it is. I ordered one and couldn't drink it because I felt as though I was creating cavities with each and every sip. I have loved ice tea since I was a kid and I do like it sweet but not too sweet. Between me and the boys we go through quite a bit of ice tea during the summer. So after spending way to much on the store bought stuff, Gold Peak I started making my own. I saved us a ton and I actually like mine better. I saw some on sale and bought a bottle and was shocked that I actually preferred mine over theirs. 

Ingredients
7 cups of water
3 black tea bags. I use Tetley or Lipton 
4 heaping tablespoons of sugar

Directions
Add 7 cups of water to medium pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn it off and add sugar. Stir the water around with spoon to make sure the sugar is all blended and dissolved. Add 3 tea bags and let sit and cool. Add the tea to a pitcher and refrigerate. Double it and serve to your guests this Easter. I guarantee they will love it as much as we do. You can add less sugar or more depending how you like it. 

5 comments:

  1. yum, I love tea with a hint of sugar, perfect recipe for the warm months coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit that I'm weird because I love tea (being British n' all, lol) but I dislike ice tea. Although my parents absolutely love it. My Mum loves Early Grey so this gave me inspiration to make this but add 2 black tea teabags and 1 Earl Grey teabag for just a hint of Earl Grey. She'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of adding one bag of earl grey tea. I am going to try that next time.

      Delete
  3. Andrea: Thanks for visiting my blog! We also love sweet tea at my house. In fact, I have to take it as "my" dish to all family dinners. Fascinating that you live in NY City. I live smack dab in the small town midwest. I've recently taken a new job and its been hard for this old dog to learn new tricks so I haven't posted much on my blog lately, but I'll try to pick up the pace. I miss the blogging friends and wonderful inspiration. Take care and I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful ice tea! Not too sweet either! My nephew liked it so much, he damn near drank all of it! Now, I going to have to make some more! Bravo to a tasty recipe!

    ReplyDelete