Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tostada


My new favorite dinner dish is tostada. I love tacos but I get bored of having them every week so I mix it up with making taco salads and now tostadas. When I was a kid this was one of my favorite meals at the Mexican restaurant. Instead of making tacos give this a try on your taco night.

Ingredients
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. shredded Romain lettuce
1/2 cup favorite salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tbs canola oil
6 corn tortillas

Directions

In a large saute pan add ground turkey and brown and cook all the way through. Add taco seasoning packet and follow instructions for how much water to add. While it simmers grate cheese and cut up lettuce. In a medium size saute pan add oil and heat on high.Wait until is is piping hot and then add tortilla and brown both sides. Set on a paper towel to dry and cover with another one so they stay warm. After you fry them all add the toppings of your choice. I like to add meat, then cheese so the cheese melt a little then lettuce, salsa and last is a dollop of sour cream.

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a great idea for a quick week night meal. I bet it would be great with some diced avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. I love avocado and guacamole. When they are on sale I love to add them to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmmm! I love mexican food, and this sounds great! Sounds super-simple to make, too - like an open face taco. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish, and love your lighter version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummo! I love Mexican food and this looks delicious! Thanks for helping me find your blog--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good! I'll have to make it soon ... of course, I'll vegetarianize it ;) with TVP instead of ground turkey ...!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete