Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick Salsa

I love salsa and could eat it almost every day. Sometimes I make what I call a quick salsa. It is when you take a jarred salsa and add some fresh ingredients to make it come alive. Give it a try the next time you want salsa and let me know what you think. I made this for my mother and she thought it was brilliant. And she is a tough to please when it comes to salsa.

Ingredients

1/2 jar of store bought salsa of your choice. 
1-2 tomatoes diced. I like to use two so I have left overs for awhile
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons diced red onion
salt and pepper

Directions

Dice tomatoes, red onions, chop up cilantro and add to bowl. Mix in 1 cup or half a jar of your favorite jarred salsa. mix all together and let sit for at least an hour. Sometimes to make it a finner consistency I put it all in the food processor and pulse about 5 times. It all depends on how chunky you like it.

11 comments:

  1. Oh YEAH!! I love me some salsa too.

    As a quick snack we take the Arnold sandwich thins and split them. Spread salsa on them and add a sprinkle of cheese, then put them in the over until the cheese is melted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely Richard. I will have to try that.

      Delete
  2. I love a good salsa too! Sometimes you just need a salty tangy snack! I also love it mixed up with sauteed onions and green peppers and then warmed and slapped over top of breaded and fried turkey cutlets ... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this idea! i could totally go for some salsa now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a simple salsa recipe for ages and I think I'll just have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh salsa! This looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love salsa... I hadn't thought about using part fresh part jarred. Such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Nothing beats a fresh batch of salsa in flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like you, I will drool all the way for salsa. It so great for dipping esp salad. Looks fabulous though I am not sure whether we have the store bought ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! The salsa looks so fresh and delicious. Will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this for my family get together on Sunday. I have to say it was a huge hit. Everyone was raving about it. I love how easy it was and how fresh it tasted. I will be making this at every party.

    ReplyDelete