Monday, March 26, 2012

Bread Crumbs

I love baguette. I could eat one everyday but my thighs say no. We are a family of four and never go through  a whole baguette and by the next day it is hard as a rock. I have friends who freeze theirs but to me it is only good if it is freshly made that day. If this happens to you and you hate throwing it out and as much as me you can do what I often do and make it into homemade bread crumbs. It is very easy takes a few minutes and much better than the store bought stuff that comes in a cylinder. 

Cut up into rough slices and fill up your food processor. The pieces don't have to be real small but if you do it this way it breaks down much easier. 

Pulse it until you get your desired consistency. The crust leaves bigger pieces but I like that because it makes your breaded chicken just a bit more crispy. 

Put it in a bowl or bag and store it for up to a few weeks. Next time you have left over baguette try it and let me know what you think.

1 comment: