Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rice Crispy Treats

I had a friend ask me a couple of days ago, "I have marshmallows, what do you recommend I make with them?" Immediately I thought of rice crispy treats. This desert was a favorite of mine growing up. I told him it only takes 3 ingredients and your kids will always remember making these with dad. My earliest memory is making them with my Step mom Sue and my siblings. We had a great time making them but most importantly we loved eating them. You don't need to have a kid to have an excuse to make them. If you live alone or its just you and you partner you can still enjoy these lovely easy delish treats. If you don't want to make a whole pan because you don't want to eat a whole pan all by yourself then make some and take most of them to work with you. The other employees will love you. The recipe is on the box of Rice Crispies. But just in case you need it I will post it for you.

Ingredients
1 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
6 c. Rice Crispies
3 tbs butter

Directions

Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick butter spray.

In a large pan melt 3 tbs of butter. After it is melted add the whole bag of Marshmallows. Once it has completely melted stirring frequently, turn off heat and add 6 cups Rice Crispies. Blend it all together and then pour into prepared pan. Using parchment paper press it down evenly. Let cool and enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. YUM! These look delicious, homemade is soo much better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think homemade rice crispy squares are better for my grandkids, you don't have to make them so sweet. Sincerely "Belinda Ruth"

      Delete
  2. I love rice crispy treat! I never make them because only Skylar and I will eat them. I will probably eat most of it. I love all your recipes but I'm trying to cut out carbs, alcohol & sweets. I will make them when this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!!

    A couple of tips when making these:

    Spray everything you're using, the pan, spatula, your hands, if needed, with Pam or an equivalent and it will make for a much easier clean up.

    I also like to sprinkle a little powdered sugar in the prepared pan and on top. Yummy!

    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the wonderful comments and tips. I was wondering if I should add more marhmallows. I like it really creamy and think if I added another bag it might make them better. However, I am affraid it might be too overwhelming. I guess I'll never know until I try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine, from France, recently discovered rice crispy squares, but she keeps buying the pre-made packaged ones. I'm totally going to send her this link so that she can make them at home. So much yummier! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great super easy recipe, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok you can't not love rice crispy treats but this recipe is the best ever... you won't go back to normal. I used finer salt so i added much more :) i think with bigger flakes you can use less. make sure you are really browning the butter, makes a difference, my first batches were not as 'browned'... but its still good.

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/11/salted-brown-butter-crispy-treats/

    ReplyDelete