Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crescent Cinnamon Rolls

I found this blog that featured these rolls. They looked so good that I immediately pinned them so I could find them again easily. I went out and bought some crescent rolls. By themselves I think crescent rolls are average but I have used them frequently to make cocktail weenies. Jennifer's rolls looked so good that I had to give it a try. Mine look good but hers looked amazing. I was worried they wouldn't taste as good as I thought after they came out of the oven. She used brown sugar and I didn't have any so I used white. My glaze came out a little to brown so I think next time I will use less vanilla. However, I ate one and have to say they were super delish. I only made one package of crescent rolls because I was afraid they wouldn't be good. I regretted that decision because I could have easily ate them all. Make these and let me know what you think. Also check out Jennifer's blog Jennifer Cooks




Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 stick butter, softened
½ cup white or brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon; beat until smooth.
Separate dough into triangles. Spread each triangle with about 2 tablespoons cinnamon
butter mixture. Roll up each, starting at the widest side, as you would normally do for crescent rolls.
Firmly press ends to seal.
Place each cinnamon filled crescent roll onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients,
adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Yields:  16 rolls


22 comments:

  1. Sometimes simple recipes are the best ones! It's amazing how many things you can do with those rolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like them! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM these look wonderful! Going on my "tomake" list NOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try a recipe like this too, but I was so afraid they wouldn't be any good! Thanks for sharing - I'm definitely making them now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how easy this is. And it looks so good! I would die for one of these right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious cinnamon rolls,lov the glaze..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very tasty recipe and so beautiful! Great photo making my mouth water to be honest with you!
    Well done! Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours are gorgeous too!! These look absolutely divine and I'd eat one any day. Great to "meet" you and I am looking forward to checking out more of your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those crescent rolls are good for making quick desserts. They make good cinnamon rolls in a pinch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good shortcut way, too bad very hard to get this pre-made pastry here, that I need to do the pastry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing. You gotta love sweets that are easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look quite yummy and I agree with S.V. and others--they seem easy to assemble and get a quick dessert on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum@@@@@!!!!! We used to make these with my mother.... delish and fairly easy to have something sweet to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love cinnamon, this is perfect for tea time, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these look like a dreamy breakfast heaven, the icing draws the taste buds in and I bet they're delicious too! Sending you some buzz: )

    ReplyDelete
  16. these look amazing and delicious ;) ... i save it for a special breakfast, maybe on easter morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm....these do look delicious!

    ReplyDelete